Closed circuit. Ball bearing. Body part, passive/inactive like a sandbag not a basketball. Being charged.
Wind up the clock. Lock one end to create spiral. 1.use body strength 2.body has the shape/structure of half pipe or spiral.
Chen Ronghua is a disciple of Chen Zhonghua. He owns a Practical Metthod school in Yangshuo, Guangxi Province.
企业家陈荣华用智慧打造格格树民宿品牌被誉为阳朔最美风景 Gegeshu B&B brand created by Entrepreneur Chen Ronghua is known as the most beautiful scenery in Yangshuo
桂林阳朔格格树饭店有限公司董事长陈荣华 Chen Ronghua, Chairman of Guilin Yangshuo Gegeshu Hotel Co., Ltd.
While touring in Yangshuo and enjoying the unparalleled landscape of Guilin, dining and staying in Gegeshu B&B is a must. There is a unique feature in Gegeshu B&B and Guilin landscape, that is the combination of Chinese and Western tourism, with which Mr. Chen Ronghua, the operator and well-known entrepreneur of Gegeshu B&B, has too many stories to tell.
格格树民宿如诗如画夜景 Picturesque night view of Gegeshu B&B
Train the scissors as an ability/skill. Two way split, in both elbow and armpit, 2 dots. In use or push hands, it is paper cut model, with one side being fixed, like an opponent holding you and you cannot move. Like the crab pincers.
Train the elbow. Thread through the needle, push into pull. Pass the demarcation line/dot. We always move after going through the hole. Before that, it is a push. Elbow has to pass the line, go over.
3 beats. Cloud hands. When it is 3, the middle is stable and not affected, 2 is swollen but time is taken.
Stepping in six sealing four closing, avoid double heavy, arms go vertical and stepping is horizontal.
Dantian fits tight in a pipe with a lot of tension, no slack/tossing/large protrusion. Example: fist draping over body. The torso is switching inside a pipe, you have to turn over the joints. Foot and oppo arm stretch, the arm is rotating in the shape/frame. Forearm no move can only rotate in a pipe, twist the waist to create the stretch. To twist, you have to lock and move the rest, to create the helix. No twist, no power. It is the
Elbow pressing into the shoulder-hand line, is the same result as, fix the elbow and extend the hand. In both cases, the arm becomes straight. We want to lock the hands, and the body does 90%-100% of the moves. Our moves create size. Master used a stick to show how to lock one side and create size.
Punch covering hand. On the punch, without changing the shape, squeeze the fist tight suddenly. It can also be palm, stretch the fingers suddenly.
Going over is a concept. It is not about directions, but about to the other side. Means extend yourself, no blocking or confrontation. It is stretching.
We always try different things in the same position. We need to change the position.
Sth has to come out-kua, sth has to disappear-shoulder. It is a pair. When we do moves, kua is always left behind.
Shoulder and hand need to be fixed, to move the elbow. We have too much shoulder and hand movements and the elbow is never engaged. When the elbow cannot come out, the hand and shoulder are squeezing the elbow into a dead corner. The elbow has to push the hand and shoulder apart. We need to realign things. Practical Method way of being smooth is proportional.
Six sealing four closing practice.
Lock the triangle of front shoulder, back shoulder and elbow, stretch front hand and back shoulder coming into the line. Front shoulder need come down and armpit need to open so the energy does not leak out.
Vertical transfer to horizontal. Like tree structure, branches are horizontal, trunk and roots are vertical, roots always try to do down.
Three iron hats keep weighing you down.neck level, waist level, knee level.
Walking obliquely on both sides. Make sure the R elbow is locked into a triangle shape with the body and only rotate from the torso.
Knees do not follow. Fist draping over body (both knees), lean with the back (L knee). The power in the knees is poking into the ground.
-Pole shaking. Circles. Hand do not come back/reverse. At the beginning when done right, the move is small. Through training, we increase the range. The move overall is synthesized, but each part/move is individual. Arm has no up and down movement. (Arm is in and out). Do the circle horizontally, and the shoulder will get caught, which will be exercised. (tie a knot, then untie). Elbows come in, lock the upper body, bend the knees to go down, then hands go out. Add stepping to increase the range. Later on the moves will merge, and people see the circles. The overall effect is an illusion.
Free class to public. Introduction.
-Taiji. Yin and yang. Horizontal and vertical-cross-stable. The limbs are tied to the rod. Yin yang relationship is 90 degrees/connected (180 is too distract). How to place two credit cards supporting each other and stable? http://practicalmethod.com/2012/06/space-and-time-online-video/ Vertical is top-bottom line, horizontal is 90 degrees.
Key words: horizontal and vertical, zig zag
– Block touching coat.
Elbow position. Elbow is too high/out. Moving horizontally is because you are double heavy, is because there is no
Key words: six sealing four closing, generation and transmission of power.
-When we see Master demonstrates moves using tools such as sticks, rubber cord, tables etc. we should act it out, replicate it word for word. It is not just a teaching method; it is how we should actually do it.
-To experience what not moving is. Block touching coat, arm out, chest not responding, the inside never moved.
-Six sealing four closing. Someone holds two sides of your armpit, stretch the armpit to open, only use the armpit. The chest does not move with the arm, power bypass the chest. 1. two hands find the track, have the overall movement. 2. what is fajin. Find the zone. On a certain point, one part accelerates, one part does not follow/move (it is locked/still). We practiced torso staying still, only use the elbow to drive the hand with fajin (shoulder does not get involved either), hands stay on the track. Only when we can rotate the torso, we can add the
Key words: Elbow kua position. Thresholds. Fire schedule.
-Ground dragon is bow and arrow move. There is no up and down movements. Anchor the L foot, pull so hard and large the body gets low, split left and right so wide that the body goes down. Twist from kua to go forward without getting up.
-Movements need stay large for a long time until everything inside is all exercised. Find the edge and every move you stretch a little bit more to increase the quality. It will appear you are pretending at the beginning. Training becomes more insubstantial.
Lean with back. Turn to the left, stretch the R armpit and R elbow. Keeping that stretch, R elbow does not come close to the body, but draw a circle outwards, R fist is locked to the temple/forehead. Turn and create the stretch from R elbow to L toes, straight line. 6 o’clock to 12 o’clock is the longest line. It is easy to over turn here, losing the line of stretch. (center of the body feels expanding). Pivot on L toes, turn L heel out, without dropping L knee. R kua does not fold or close, it is open, twisted and stretched. Look towards L toes.
-Learning method. Learning is like you have a size 24 bike chain and try to fit on a size 24.5 bike. When you fit the front, the back will not fit; when you fit the back, the front will fall. It is never complete. We have to keep going back and forth until real physical changes happen, until the body is stretched out. Making both sides right is the training. Master has talked about this a few times, such as, we have to learn to advance with flaws, the process of forge, how to get the
First class. Second closing. Fulcrum is central axis. Power on the back heel. Load is on the front hand.
Second class. Brush the knee. Closing the gap, L forearm and L
-Today we started with a ‘simple’ move of locking the forearm and only use the
The forearm is dead. First it is one piece. Second, it is in a tight tube, so no sway sideways. Third is the arm itself does not have power. In this way, there is .
Today we finished going through the first 13 moves of.
There are way more details than this, but here are some notes especially useful for myself.
– Form 70 High pat on horse. As step back, the R elbow need to keep going inward behind you. There is a second crack with the elbow as your opponent steps away. The elbow is tied to the kua with a rubber band, so there is integrity.
– Form 73 White ape presents the fruit. R
We practiced one knee up one knee down movement. The move after second Flash the back and before going into the jump.
It is the knee movements caused the kua to open, creating a hole which allows the torso to fall straight down.
The going down motion and the torso are one move. The torso is passively dropping. The hands do not move, and the arms are adjusting accordingly.
– My is a bit forward, not suspended enough. Center line is not strong.
– A few places, when doing the stretch, lost the non-moving points.
– First Cloud hands, when , shoulders popped.
– Single whip, R toes should close more.
– Turning flower at the bottom of the sea, I leaned, lost the axis.
– To train the elbow. Lock the shoulder and hand completely, better to ask someone else to hold it, only move the elbow. The movement is very small, like the door hinge. The movement of the elbow is the same as the knee.
– To change the direction of the fingers, we lock the wrist and the hand, move the elbow and the rest part of the body. Once the body is well trained, the movements can be much bigger.
Form 9 Walking obliquely on both sides.
Stay on the 45 degree line.
– The kick. Make sure the weight is fully on the R leg. The back is totally locked while doing the kick. Stretch from the back of the leg, push the knee into the kua-heel line. Use the middle part of the bottom of the foot targeting the knee. Heel lands without any moves in the upper body.
– Correction on Six Sealing Four Closing.
My front kua was popping up, but need more horizontal stretch. Also need go bigger.
First count, shoulder needs to go down and the elbow needs to go over to come in. Hand does not move.
Turn with the waist. The torso is a cylinder and has three sections: shoulder, waist and kua. Only rotate the waist (the middle section of the cylinder), fix the top and bottom to create the stretch.
– We use linear straight moves to create moves that are not linear. Example: How the crane works and how the airplane takes off.
– Training method by restriction. In early stage, we separate the arms from the torso and train the arms only. Then we train the kua only by keeping other parts of the body not moving. Once the arms are in position, then it is locked. Only move the kua. Now the shoulder elbow and torso are called not moving. Otherwise the movements of the kua will be cancelled by the movements of other parts. We want the parts we don’t restrict to get all the training.
– Movements need to be deep enough to make sure every body parts are stretched out. To feel the bottom. Fingers touching the wall and body sinks to find the solid. Read more
Today everyone practiced some moves and Master Chen gave corrections.
– Three Hats.
Top hat is on top of the . Imagine weighing 20 pounds so the neck will have to be stiff and straight. When you push up, it is too heavy, the body is actually pushed down. Read more
Some mistakes I recognize by myself.
1. Fingers and wrists need to be stretched more. Keep especially my L hand. Sometimes the wrists are bent.
2. Some moves I looked down and lost the position of the .
3. Not enough KUA.
4. Some of the circles, hand turned by itself.
1. First form on the turn, my L hand went up. I have never noticed this until today. Checked some of my old videos and I have been doing this probably since day one. L mid finger supposed to be at the same dot, still in line with the center of chest.
2. Form 13 when turning to the right, my body popped up.
3. Form 17 punch downwards, didn’t lock the elbow, overextended.
4. Form 35 Punch to the ground. My torso leaned forward.
5. Shaking pole three times. Lost the direction of the left fingers. Hand was moving up and down. Daoshou.
6. Fall into split and Step up to ride the whale. Kua did not switch first/enough. Still led by the shoulders.
From Master Chen,
Lower cloud hands is horizontal stepping.
Thank you Master!
-Kelvin reviewed the details of Buddha’s warrior attendant pounds the
1. Mid fingers in line with the center of the chest. Read more
– Punch to the Ground. Before Chen Fake time, it was called 栽捶（zai chui）, means plant the hammer. It was changed to hit/punch later on.
– Kick with the Heels. There are three lines. The vertical line from the Read moreto the standing heel. The line between two hands. And the line from the two kuas to the kicking heel. All three lines need to be fully stretched out, where there is a pause and it is a fixed posture. If you cannot fully stretch, at least make a stop. For older people it is more important to train the balance and stability.
– Once you learn the choreography, your ability is highly dependent on the rhythm.
– Whenever you are doing a true
My understanding is the jam is the anchor, every move there is an anchoring point. Elbow and kua are used to anchor. In this way you can keep coiling and never lose the power. It is like you have an anti-reversing lock. https://www.shiyongquanfa.cn/archives/118607
There are three sections. In each section, the lead needs to be clear. 1. . Once the arm is in position, it does not move anymore. 2. Turn with the kua/waist. Only rotate the shoulder-kua line, do not move the arm on its own. Shoulder need stay in position without any displacement, no popping, no swaying sideways. 3. . The power is on the back foot/kua. The kicking of the back foot into the ground propels the rest part of the body to go forward. Get onto your tippy toes to push, there will be a stretch through the inner . The torso opens up. Read more
– Front trick and rear trick.
When you have movement, you have no power. Fight without movements. Arms are placed in position and locked. The waist causes horizontal movements and the knees cause up and down movements. Power from the waist and the feet.
The middle does not move, so the arms are powered by (react with) the back foot kicking into the ground. Same as the power points of White Crane Spreads Its Wings. Read more
– Clarity. At the beginning we learn the moves like following a printed instructional book. So we only learn the fixed posture, and the transition does not matter. This is called to trace the movements. No flow and as big as possible. Each move we pause like someone is taking a picture of your posture. Through years of practice the flow comes, without losing the frame.
– First Cloud Hands. 1.Three counts. Follow the steps and procedure. 2. First count,need to be very clear. 3. On the second count, open the front kua and turn with the waist. Do it big. 3. On the second count, lock the kua and two knees, only rotate. 4. On the third count, only back kua folds, pivoting on the front kua. 5. Open the front kua – Lock the front kua – Squeeze the back kua to the front kua. Master Chen used first form Pound the as example to explain how the front kua locked can create power. The sixth move, center of chest is locked, only step up from the kua.