Custom Hand forged Damascus Oxtail Broadsword from the famous Longquan forge of Shen Guan Long. Reserve yours now. Shipping will resume after May, 2012.
This is a hand forged 12 layer Damascus high carbon steel creating a “burl wood” grain pattern that is a delight for the eye. The handle and Scabbard are a dark hardwood that is enhanced with the all brass hardware that will wear to a soft antique patina. Everything is understated and elegant. The cutting edge is lightly sharpened making it possible to use this real sword for light practice cuts. It is great as a user or as a display weapon. The balance is within a few inches of the sword guard (most have the balance at least 7 inches from the guard) making it extremely maneuverable in spite of the very solid feel. An absolute delight to use. The shape is like a competition Broadsword having a mushroomed spine to allow easy body contact in use. It also has 2 narrow blood grooves for balance, to lighten the weight and as a design element. The Damascus pattern is lightly etched to enhance the ability to see the patterns of layers which is unique to each sword. There is a fantastic attention to all detail – a remarkable weapon from a famous forge having the added benefit of having Master Chen Zhonghua’s name engraved on it as well. Only 50 are made in this limited production. The sword is 107 cm (42 inches) long with the blade length of 83cm (32.5 inches) For more information, please contact Allan Belsheim directly. [nggallery id=145] Video of the Longquan (Dragon Well) sword makers. This video is 42 minutes long.
- Master Sun Zhonghua. Beijing, China.
- Lee Hrappstead. Regina, Canada.
- Guy Williamson. Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.
- Allan Belsheim, Edmonton, Canada
- Blake Norman, Edmonton, Canada
- Trevor Juuti, Alberta, Canada
- Scot Jorgensen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Gary Kong, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
- John Mah, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Beau Williamson, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
- Tim Batt, Edmonton, Canada