- Iron Shirt ( 铁布衫) – physical structural act.
- Golden Bell (金钟罩) – same exercise but devoted to the training of timing.
- Buddha’s finger – to poke.
- Eagle claw (鷹爪) – to grasp.
- Vermilion palm – timing based.
Online Classes : 202012 Online Classes
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 66 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:2/5 At:Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji AcademyRead more
– Correction on Six Sealing Four Closing.
My front kua was popping up, but need more horizontal stretch. Also need go bigger.
First count, shoulder needs to go down and the elbow needs to go over to come in. Hand does not move.
Turn with the waist. The torso is a cylinder and has three sections: shoulder, waist and kua. Only rotate the waist (the middle section of the cylinder), fix the top and bottom to create the stretch.
Presenter: Kelvin Ho Length: 86 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:2/5 At:Toronto Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy
– We use linear straight moves to create moves that are not linear. Example: How the crane works and how the airplane takes off.
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 60 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy
Topics include: Direction of movements (circles), When to move (Rhythm of movements), Don’t skip any positions (movements must be full), How to jump (Double Shaking Feet), In with Elbow, Out with Hand (The Two Solids of Taiji), In with Elbow in Negative Circle, How Not to Collapse when Moving, How to Generate Power with the Kua, Levels of Taijiquan.
– Training method by restriction. In early stage, we separate the arms from the torso and train the arms only. Then we train the kua only by keeping other parts of the body not moving. Once the arms are in position, then it is locked. Only move the kua. Now the shoulder elbow and torso are called not moving. Otherwise the movements of the kua will be cancelled by the movements of other parts. We want the parts we don’t restrict to get all the training.
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 71 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:3/5 At:Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy
Presenter: Kelvin Ho Length: 74 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:Toronto
– Movements need to be deep enough to make sure every body parts are stretched out. To feel the bottom. Fingers touching the wall and body sinks to find the solid. Read more
- In general, moves are not deep enough, too loose. Don’t feel the bottom.
- Not stretched out enough. Yin-yang distinction and stability comes from having that bottom.
- Torso must feel the floor.
- Not enough intention of power. e.g. Punch covering hand needs that extra stretch at the end to finish it.
Power moves – six sealing four closing
- Horizontal egg: Power up until you your ribs. Rotate, don’t lose the line / move your hand. The body/shoulder gets under the hand. Go out straight, along the top of the egg (don’t go out with the hand under the shoulder).
- Vertical egg: More vertical than horizontal. Then two hands push out from the top down.
- Digging analogy: Like scooping up water with a spoon. Put the spoon in water. Turn it to pick up the water. Lift. The is like carving out a scoop of jello.
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 62 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy 加拿大埃德蒙顿陈中华太极馆
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 58 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:3/5 At:Edmonmton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy 加拿大埃德蒙顿陈中华太极馆
Today everyone practiced some moves and Master Chen gave corrections.
– Three Hats.
Top hat is on top of the . Imagine weighing 20 pounds so the neck will have to be stiff and straight. When you push up, it is too heavy, the body is actually pushed down. Read more
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 72 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:3/5 At:Edmonmton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy 加拿大埃德蒙顿陈中华太极馆
-Kelvin reviewed the details of Buddha’s warrior attendant pounds the
1. Mid fingers in line with the center of the chest. Read more
Presenter: Kelvin Ho Length: 63 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:Toronto
Open the knee
A student asks about how to open the knee. Master Chen Zhonghua said the idea of opening was very simple. However being to able to do it requires many other simple things to be put together. There are so many that we are unable to do them, and we simply give up. Read more
A few corrections and a bit of
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 75 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy
– Punch to the Ground. Before Chen Fake time, it was called 栽捶（zai chui）, means plant the hammer. It was changed to hit/punch later on.
– Kick with the Heels. There are three lines. The vertical line from the Read moreto the standing heel. The line between two hands. And the line from the two kuas to the kicking heel. All three lines need to be fully stretched out, where there is a pause and it is a fixed posture. If you cannot fully stretch, at least make a stop. For older people it is more important to train the balance and stability.
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 74 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:3/5 At:Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy
Kelvin covered details of Buddha’s Warrior Attendant Pounds Read morein class today.
Presenter: Kelvin Ho Length: 54 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:Toronto Chen Zhonghua Academy