- In general, moves are not deep enough, too loose. Don’t feel the bottom.
- Not stretched out enough. Yin-yang distinction and stability comes from having that bottom.
- Torso must feel the floor.
- Not enough intention of power. e.g. Punch covering hand needs that extra stretch at the end to finish it.
Power moves – six sealing four closing
- Horizontal egg: Power up until you your ribs. Rotate, don’t lose the line / move your hand. The body/shoulder gets under the hand. Go out straight, along the top of the egg (don’t go out with the hand under the shoulder).
- Vertical egg: More vertical than horizontal. Then two hands push out from the top down.
- Digging analogy: Like scooping up water with a spoon. Put the spoon in water. Turn it to pick up the water. Lift. The is like carving out a scoop of jello.