- Iron Shirt ( 铁布衫) – physical structural act.
- Golden Bell (金钟罩) – same exercise but devoted to the training of timing.
- Buddha’s finger – to poke.
- Eagle claw (鷹爪) – to grasp.
- Vermilion palm – timing based.
– There are times you need to solidify your body. Power is like electricity. It cannot be held for a long time. This type we call it shock. The second type of power is steel, or concrete. It lasts. It does not give you a shock.
– Taiji directions are based on a point of reference. Lock your hand, pull in the elbow in. Lock the body, hand out. Both are a stretch. Go with the energy of the flow. On the track is with. Off the track is against. When two trains are on a collision course, they are still with the energy. Energy refers to the track.
– The more your body parts are separated in terms of direction, the more abilities you have. Master showed the separation of the directions of the hands, shoulders, kua, knees,in Cloud Hands.
– Structural power is movement while keeping body parts in the original position and direction.
– Exercise: Before the jump in 66. Step Forward to Punch Covering the Hand. Lock the outside move from the inside (kua). We all move the chest.
– To Clear. One body part must be totally clear of another body part. One part is totally clear, one part is totally moving.
– Exercise in Single Whip – To clear the chest and left arm. The chest cannot get dragged into the action.
– 56. Double Lotus Kick. The back must continue to face the wall behind you. Cannot move. The leg is like a fan.
– Exercise in Brush the Knee – To turn over the arm. The chest must not follow.
– Our movements have a switching hand process.
– Power is the result of clearing.