Knowledge : Body & Posture
This category contains posts regarding body part requirements, postures and single posture movements in the form.
We worked on a few different moves in the form today. The first 3 moves required standing on one leg.
- White Ape Presents Fruit (Drilled 50 times on each side)
- Kick with Right/Left Heel
- Turning Flower out of the Bottom of the Sea
- Punch to the Groin
- Punch to the Ground
- Turn Over Body and Double Kick
1) Maintain a non-moving vertical rod from
2) Hold the right forearm in front of the chest with a fist, while the left fist is on the side of the body.
3) Throw the right fist down to the right side as hard as possible with a raising right knee to create a scissoring effect, while throwing the left fist up to the left ear.
4) There should be no tossing or turning of the body, but there is a spiral stretch along the vertical rod.
One of my corrections from Sifu during a private lesson in 2015 was on separation of hand from my. For instance, when in Single Whip, as I placed emphasis on the stretches when my hand went out, my would follow…this would occur at varying degrees, yet that isn’t relevant because any deviation of the changes everything as I will get to soon.