Action vs adaptation
- Only worry about that particular action. We don’t care much about the adaptation. Once the screwdriver fits with the screw, there is only one thing you can do. You can get away with whatever for the adaptation, but the action must be what it is to have power. Must identify that action.
- Don’t turn the torso. Just place the hands and stretch open the armpits to drive the hands out. Keep bend in the elbows. Get to the point where the , hands, and feet all stretch outwards.
- Drive foot out to pull elbows back. Cross hands just on top of dantian.
Fist draping over body
- On the last one, reach the right hand to left foot (forward is left foot). This hides the left hand placing on the hip.
Fold the back
- The direction is right shoulder. Rotate until the left elbow comes forward. The two loops made by the arms retain their shape. Left knee stays up.
- Hand comes forward by the of the left foot. Don’t move the hand. Fold the body into the hand, and again rotate through the left foot to send it out.
Learning vs practice
- Practice after the teaching not during the teaching. Need a child’s method to learn an adult art.
- Take notes! Publish them online. You will retain more.