We worked on a few different moves in the form today. The first 3 moves required standing on one leg.
- White Ape Presents Fruit (Drilled 50 times on each side)
- Kick with Right/Left Heel
- Turning Flower out of the Bottom of the Sea
- Punch to the Groin
- Punch to the Ground
- Turn Over Body and Double Kick
White Ape Presents Fruit
After Punch to the Groin,
- Open left kua.
- Stand on the left leg with knee bent, raise right knee. The same height must be maintained through this move.
- Set up the right fist in front, and line it up with the left elbow. Make sure that the right elbow is also in that line.
- Lock the structure, throw the left shoulder backward to propel the right fist forward (no movement on the right fist, arm or shoulder) along the line established in 3).
Kick with Right/Left Heel
- The extension of the arms are done with two positive circles. Open the arms from the middle of the chest.
- The high fist and the low heel need to line up at 45 degrees.
- After full extension, the arms and leg must come back, and make sure that body must still be stable.
- A common mistake is that the power does not reach the end points, but is stuck somewhere along the way, e.g. shoulders, elbows.
Turning Flower out of the Bottom of the Sea
- See http://practicalmethod.com/2017/02/turning-flower-out-of-the-bottom-of-the-sea/
- We drilled the other side this week
Punch to the Groin
- It is the same as Punch Covering Fist except that the fist points lower to the groin.
Punch to the Ground
- As part of the double negative circles, unlike Punch to the Groin, both hands are together like holding a flower to the right side of the body.
- The double negative circles continue to make the right fist point to the ground, and the left hand up to the left ear height with the left arm stretched out.
- The right fist is powered by rotating the central axis, and not by bending the upper body down.
Turn Over Body and Double Kick
- After Punch to the Ground, there is a right elbow strike. Do not stand up for the elbow strike, the lower body remains at the same height as Punch to the Ground.
- Pivot on the left heel, and turn around about 180 degrees such that the right foot is then forward.
- Proceed to the double kick with the left kick first, and then the right foot kicking the right hand.