There are 5. We can also call them five .
- 1. Choreography. This is the first stage. The student only learns to remember the choreography of the routines. Memory of the movements and names of the moves can be used as a method for learning.
- 2. Coordination. At this stage a sudent tries to put the movements into a logical coherent synthesis.
- 3. Clarity and Energy. The body must be able to clearly show what the practitioner is trying to accomplish.
- 4. Application. The student is applying the movements and techniques in his mind.
- 5. Flow. All movements must flow while keeping all of the above principles.
Note: This is not the 5 levels of gongfu in Taiji. This is just the chronological.