“Two Sticks in the Body in Tai chi chuan” Online Video Trailer

by Shopmaster on 2011/03/31

Two Sticks: refers to the two part alignment of the body, which is part of the three-direction energy alignment of the Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method system.
In this video, there are 15 Minutes of explanations and applications of the two sticks in the body in tai chi chuan practice by Master Chen Zhonghua     Author: Chen Zhonghua   Length: 15 min.   In: English   Year: 2011  Difficulty:4/5  At:Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada

Two Sticks in the Body in Tai chi chuan
Access is keyed to your user account. You need to be logged in to buy access.
Please register or log in.
 

{ 4 comments… read them below or add one }

Bruce Marshall November 25, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Incredibly good teaching

Reply

fosshowarth_1 February 13, 2012 at 10:08 am

I waited and and tried for over 20 years elsewhere, and you Master Chen gave such an insight in a few minutes of generous clarity.
Thanks, again and again.

Reply

James Tam February 13, 2012 at 11:45 am

Indeed, Master Chen Zhonghua is an exceptional standard bearer, providing generous, clear and very informative information that is at the same time accessible and affordable for the general public. The essence of Practical Method is provided in this clip, with potential savings in years and even decades of fruitless wandering and searching for that “secret” in Tai Chi. Nevertheless, this clip is rated 4/5 in difficulty; clearly possessing an understanding is only 20% the work, the other 80% is training (preferably with the proper guidance from a knowledgeable instructor). For “advanced” practitioners of all styles who feel that they are missing an important element of Tai Chi, this video on “Two Sticks in the Body in Tai Chi Chuan” is highly recommended.
P.S. To experience hands-on the effectiveness of incorporating this concept of the two sticks into push-hands, participation in one of Master Chen’s workshops can be very useful and enlightening. [I am biased because I am hooked to this Practical Method!]

Reply

James Tam May 9, 2012 at 11:29 am

Excellent topic on how to connect and link to issue jing effectively. Different scenarios, from single to multiple connections, are clearly explained AND demonstrated in this valuable 12-minute lesson. Provides clear and identifiable goals for advancement in the practice of taijiquan, irrespective of style.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Leave a comment on the content only. For admin issues, please click the "contact" button on the top left.

Previous post:

Next post: