Ling Zili and Brian Chung Push Hands Demo-Sydney 20210424
Ling Zili and Brian Chung Sydney Practical Method Demonstration 20210424
I’m humbly posting here my practice.
3 month into the online classes with Master chen and I feel that finally, maybe? some small shift is happening….
please feel free to criticise
– My is a bit forward, not suspended enough. Center line is not strong.
– A few places, when doing the stretch, lost the non-moving points.
– First Cloud hands, when , shoulders popped.
– Single whip, R toes should close more.
– Turning flower at the bottom of the sea, I leaned, lost the axis.
For a special day to commemorate my master GM Feng Zhiqiang!
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/rzojq-4zONk” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Some mistakes I recognize by myself.
1. Fingers and wrists need to be stretched more. Keep especially my L hand. Sometimes the wrists are bent.
2. Some moves I looked down and lost the position of the .
3. Not enough KUA.
4. Some of the circles, hand turned by itself.
1. First form on the turn, my L hand went up. I have never noticed this until today. Checked some of my old videos and I have been doing this probably since day one. L mid finger supposed to be at the same dot, still in line with the center of chest.
2. Form 13 when turning to the right, my body popped up.
3. Form 17 punch downwards, didn’t lock the elbow, overextended.
4. Form 35 Punch to the ground. My torso leaned forward.
5. Shaking pole three times. Lost the direction of the left fingers. Hand was moving up and down. Daoshou.
6. Fall into split and Step up to ride the whale. Kua did not switch first/enough. Still led by the shoulders.
From Master Chen,
Lower cloud hands is horizontal stepping.
Thank you Master!
This is the first recording of Wang Kai’s routine practice in this manner. This video showed the second phase of the Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method training. The first phase moves the outside (two hands, two feet and center/head). This is done by locked int inside centerline (withon top). The first phase makes the movements look open and big. Every part of the body is stretched. The second phase locks the stretched out outside and only moves the inside.
English site: www.practicalmethod.com
Chinese site: www.shiyongquanfa.cn
Recorded at around 13,500 Yilus.
Selina Huang started studying Practical Method on July 5, 2020.
Zhuang Ying started studying Practical Method on Feb. 2, 2020.
Li started studying Practical Method on Feb. 2, 2020.
Liu Yaokun started studying Practical Method on Feb. 2, 2020.
Bernard Lesawich started studying Practical Method on July 5, 2020.
Recorded Oct 28, 2020 in Panama. Started PM mid Sept 2020
I recorded my illu about 10 days ago and put it here with the hope to get some corrections. Read more
A few days ago my Tai Chi Practical Method teacher here in Queenstown, NZ took this video of me to mark exactly one year of practice for me in the Practical Method. I am one of Yuxins foundation members. Prior to starting on the Practical method my only Tai Chi experience was approximately one year of Yang style. Read more
Click to view video: Suzhou Practical Method Practice in the Park 2020.09.22. 苏州陈中华太极馆2020.09.22
Upshaw Practical Method Taijiquan Broadsword 1st recording 20200921
On August 24th and 25th, 2019, I participated in Master Chen Zhonghua’s workshop in Dongying, China.
On September 3rd, I went to Daqingshan to train for a week and began my Practical Method journey.
In February 2020, invited Master Chen to come to Queenstown, New Zealand for the first time for workshop.
In mid-March, I learntfrom Master Chen’s detailed instructional videos. Started to practice the routine 3-5 times a day. Since mid-April, I practice 10 times a day until now.
Chen Zhonghua’s 2020 version of Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method Broadsword instructional video. This video contains 5 clips (each clip is a section).
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua Length: 21 min. In: English Year: 2020 Difficulty:1/5 At:加拿大Edmonton Chen Zhonghua Taiji Academy
The individual six sections are sold for 70 dollars. You can purchase them as a full package for 50 dollars.
Presenter: Chen Zhonghua In: English Year: 2015 Difficulty: 1/5 At: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Zhuang Ying started on Feb 2, 2020, and learned move 5 to 15 and most of theover weekly video-conferencing sessions.