Kelvin corrected me on #42 to #44
#42 Embraceto Push Mountain
Starting position: chest facing N; hand facing W; half-horse stance R foot rear, L foot front.
- L hand elbow in, palm up, come around to R side, past R shoulder.
- R hand, palm down, at L armpit.
- Hinging on R elbow, swing R hand palm down diagonally towards NE.
- Adjust stance slightly, by moving heels, so that L foot becomes rear and R foot front.
- Foot in Hand out – bring R foot in and push R hand further out by straightening elbow, in scissors-like action.
- both hands.
- Hands “holding up” , above shoulders, on either side of the .
- Push both hands down on R side, similar to Six Sealing Four Closing; at the same time take a big step to the R, but unlike Six Sealing Four Closing, L foot stays put.
#43 Change Palm Three Times
- Imagine a long narrow tube slanting down between your 2 hands. Stretch out L hand, palm inside tube, palm facing left.
- Stretch out R hand inside tube, palm down, while at the same time withdraw L elbow having L hand palm up.
- Arms wrap around in straight line front of abdomen, R arm inside, L arm outside.
#44 Oblique Single Whip
- R hand comes out from under L elbow, forming bird beak, going all the way to the right, shoulder level, similar to Single Whip.
- Shift weight to R foot. Take a small step to bring L foot closer to R foot, then take a big diagonal step to land L foot so that chest faces NE.
- Extend L hand all the way to the left, shoulder level, similar to Single Whip.
Position check: chest faces NE; 2 feet on NW line; half-horse stance.