No lifting – Don’t carry weight in your hand when moving.
When the hand is moving, it is inefficient.
Turn every push into a pull
- If we push with the hand, that is a push.
- If we use the elbow to pull the hand, that is a pull.
- The demarcation is how we consider if the elbow is behind the hand (push) or in front of the hand (pull).
Front Trick/Rear Trick
- Go 45 degrees on Front Trick, and then the other 45 degrees for Rear Trick.
- Move in a straight line to reach the destination, and then rotate the body to .
- You can also rotate first, and perform a straight .
- However, don’t do both at the same time.
The turn after shake the poles 3 times
- Make sure that the hand does not move/does not change direction while we rotate.
- The step-up causes the hand to change direction.
- The first is a coil up to store the potential energy, the second is a release of the potential energy to convert it into kinetic energy for the movement of the foot. It is just like a sling shot or the worm action We have to pull it first before we release it. This breakdown/sequencing of movements is key in Practical Method. We break down what looks normally like a single movement into two or more parts.
- Energy only goes forward, it goes to the extreme, and the body reverses itself. There are two beats to the body. The body goes forward originally, and at the inflection point, the body goes backward. This backward is not going back on the same path though.
- Think of going to the park from home in one route and then back using a different route to go home. If going to the park is considered forwad, then going home is considered backward, but it is not on the same path. The drive go to the park and back can be aways going forward.