In today’s class the following students received partialcorrections.
- Sergey Schepin
- Chris Martinez
- Felicia Fong
- Josh Landau
- Jack Scott
– Master told a story about reading books written about Taiji. He found there was a huge difference between the author’s writing ability and physical ability.
– Richard Johnson from Arkensaw. He watched Master’s videos without the sound. He realised he got way more. Language is an interference until it is recalibrated. 100% of people have not recalibrated. Nothing will ever make sense until two things recalibrate.
– Our Taiji is based on. Separate into two things. In what way does not matter.
– One with function of two. The two are related. The relationship is the Yin Yang. It is the Taiji.
– There are three states.
- (1) / (2). Not related. e.g. Watermelon, cut into two. Unrelated is the relationship.
- Positively related. e.g. Two parts going away
- Negatively related. e.g. Two parts coming together
- After punch covering hand downwards, you moved your hand.
- Related common error is in Brush the knee, the right .
- Make the moves clear. In your mind you must be 100% clear. Every move is sequential. Master received comments that his form was smooth 6-7 years ago. This was after 35 years of training. However in his mind every move is 100% clear. Observers cannot see the sequential and segmented moves. Copying smoothness is the outer shape, not Taiji.
- Write it down and shift your mode of operation.
- Your body is not rotating, your body is drawing circles.
- Rotate, then add knee up and down. Rub the cylinder of the torso (cuo).
- When you rotate, the attachment causes a circle to be drawn.
- The moves are rotations from the joints. Moves are linear. Not horizontal.
- Example with pen. (1) (2) up and down.
- High Pat on Horse. Stress on two kuas and two elbows rotating causing an illusion.
- Rub Right Foot. Example of a live leaf (hinge). No muscles on arm and leg. Waist squeezes to cause the leg to raise. The action is called to suck. Two sides coming into each other. This is sticking energy. A related action is called to stick – one side coming in while the other side does not move.
- All my muscles are inside my joints. Master showed Doug the thickness of something inside underneath his shoulder. If your body is the same as everyone else, your movements must be the same.
- Punch to the Ground. Belongs to the category of punch covering hand. Punch is almost vertical. Do not punch forwards. Aim to keep in mind is to punch his foot and break his foot arch.
- Training method: Get someone to hold your torso to ensure you remain in a cylinder.
- Fist Protecting Heart. Master showed the sequence of the move. (1) Rotate to the right (2) Rotate to the left (3) Vertical circle in the direction of the spine
- In the following move, swing from the kua. The kua causes the foot to move as an attachment.
- We have to learn to rotate the torso. This is a problem prevalent with every person.
- Movements are too small.
- Went too fast. Make a move and stop.
- To be clear is a slideshow, not a moving picture. E.g. Divide a move into seven postures (counts) and put them together. On a slideshow, each picture is very clear.
- Clear enough that I saw all the moves. Add a stop at the end of each move.
- There is a difference between not tossing and to rotate.
- Before you are able to rotate, tossing can create velocity which is a useful ability. By not tossing you will lose this ability. When you are able to rotate, you will have abilities that are in a completely different dimension. Master gave the example of a horse vs engine.
Three requirements of movements
- Clarity. To move one frame at a time.
– How can we train? Train the kua. Master showed that when the kua is strong, the size can be very large while keeping the integrity and balance, using the posture of Kick With Left Heel.
- Brush the knee, the left hand cannot retreat.
- All of us are to record ourself and our students to see the stages of our development.
- We benefit immensely by assuming any correction given applies to you, regardless of your ability.
- Boiling water . For us to have Taiji ability, a result must be produced. When boiling water to create steam, you must be at 100 degrees. Being at 95 degrees is the same as zero in that no result is created.
- Look at yourself as a physical object. Anchor your hands and feet. Put your body into a cylinder.
- Master described a method he previously used of using sticks to restrict the body with Ping Wei in Phoenix.
- Constipation story. Hong’s comment to Master was that you got the poo but it is not coming out. Others don’t even have it. Have to go over a threshold.
Stretch vs Rotation
- is what we want to achieve. But we cannot rotate. There are no rotations. is the end product.
- is parallel to becoming immortals. You know there is none. Immortal is a person who has conquered everything human. This is a dead human. This is not physically dead. It is getting rid of human characteristics.
- We can only find ways that contribute to a .
- Everything we do is a stretch. Stretch will lead to a .
- Replace the word with an action.
- Example of the second hand of an old wall clock. The stretch causes the .
3 stretches of Positive Circle
– Master showed the three stretches using a rubber cord.
- . Anchor on a dot to elbow
- . Anchor on a dot behind to kua
- . Anchor on the rear foot to hand
– The full circle has nine stretches. It is like a snail. There are nine different stretches from nine different body parts in nine different dimensions (non parallel surfaces). This creates the illusion and property of a three dimensional object.