Separation of Yin and Yang
- 先合后开 xian he hou kai – Together at first, separate later.
- How it separates, the rate it separates can be regulated later.
- e.g. Six Sealing Four Closing, Punch covering hand
We need both horizontal stretch and vertical stretch in the form. We focussed on using the kuas in the movements.
- Push the foot into the kua to kick start it. Movements need to be initiated by the kua.
- Pull down with the kua, but don’t allow the arm to go down. The armpit will open up and cause the arm to go up.
- Use the kua to initiate the turn. The torso must stay within the cylinder.
- Initiate the from the heel.
- Make sure that there is a veritical rod, before we stretch the two arms and kick with left heel.
- Rotate the two kuas to cause the fist and torso to go down. The fist does not move.
- Use the kua to transition to Fist Drape Over Body.
Train the form with the arms at all. Focus on using only the kua to do the entire form.