Push Hands Only Version
On Dec. 8, 2019, a Practical Method Taiji Push Hands Workshop was held in Toronto. We had 10 participants, and 4 of them were new to Practical Method. Bert Desjardins drove 4.5 hours from Windsor to Toronto to attended this workshop. We also had the pleasure of having Master Liu Xuwei, who teaches Chen Style Taijiquan Small Frame, in attendance. We covered foundations:
- – , and only use the foot the squeeze out the hand.
- Fetch Water – anything, only focus on opening the kua
- Six Sealing Four Closing – Lock the front hand and rear shoulder, push the front shoulder into the line formed by the front hand and rear shoulder.
- – , , . No other body part should be moving except the specific .
- – , drop the hand on the outside, .
We worked on the drill of getting in and stretching the hand without pushing the opponent, and an example ofapplication. We also covered the identifying the non-moving dot, and using the opponent’s line of power as the axis. We also did free push hands.
|Peter Li and James Guo
|Master Liu Xuwei, Chairman of Canadian Chen Style Taijiquan Association who teaches Chen Style Taijiquan Small Frame