On Oct. 23 , 2016, I reach 20,000 yilus. From 19,000 yilus to 20,000 yilus, I have noticed the following:
- I am moving less of my hands, and using the on the joints to propel the movements. This allows me to engage my waist more.
- The triangle formed by the two kuas and dantien is becoming more prominent during the form. I think that this helps the engagement of the core in all actions.
- I am able to locate my students’ centres faster during demos, but not fast enough during push hands.
- During push hands, I need to get my opponent to commit to his actions, then I find the lines more solid and maintainable.
- My stance when doing the form is now lower than before. This seems to allow me to stretch out the kuas more. However, I also notice I sweat a lot more than before doing just a couple of yilus, and I need to take a break. I am only doing 5 yilus a day right now, and I already feel very tired at night.