- A personalised application letter (paper form or electronic) must be submitted.
- A letter of reference from one of the disciples must be submitted.
A letter of reference from someone of repute who has known the applicant for more than five year is required from those who do not know anyone in Master Chen Zhonghua’s Practical Method system.
- The applicant must study from Master Chen Zhonghua personally. There is a minimum requirement of three years of study.
- A total and life commitment to the Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method system as passed on by Master Chen Zhonghua of the Hong Junsheng lineage. This, however, does not mean that the applicant cannot be associated with other martial arts or other styles of taiji.
- Demonstration of ability in the Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method system.
There will be a test of basic skills in , and some push hands.
There will also be a written test on the knowledge level of the applicant. The content of this test is from this website.