Master and Kelvin Ho provided instructions and corrections on the double negative circle. (1) Fist draping over body (2) Double push down.
Master gave a physical example: hold a stick to cross a door that is 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall.
– Level 1. Holding a 4 foot stick horizontally. You are stuck. You cannot exit the door.
– Level 2. Rotate the stick until it is vertical. Now you can exit the door. This is called to have a stick (in applications).
– Level 3. Now the stick is 10 feet long. (1) Rotate the stick until it is vertical (2) Rotate the stick until it is a dot. This is called you are like a shadow. Your body does not exist (in fighting).
– When you rotate the stick there is no movement. There is no change.
– The elbow in coincides with the crunch of the stomach. Otherwise the elbow does not clutch onto that dantian. Master squeezed his dantian with his hand to show the action.
– Your body is a bicycle wheel with spokes. Every part connects to the centre.
– My correction – Fist draping over body. Myis moving. Eyes lock must lock onto a target. The turning must be isolated from the centre rod. The concept is that of a door hinge.
– Question – what is to be upright? Master held a wooden stick. To be upright is to be holding the top. To be holding the bottom is not upright. It is called suspended as a plummet. Top pulling is upright, bottom pushing up is not.
– When you stretch the two ends you are in the realm of being upright.