This will be my third full time course. Why am I going again after 2010 and 2011? Let me list the reasons:
- My taiji skill will improve because Master Chen is there every day for hands on instruction and correction.
- I will learn from other masters from China
- I will get to push hand with many students
- Lots of practice on my Chinese language.
- Last sessions I get to see other historic spot and cities nearby like Mount Tai, Confucius birthplace, Master Li Enjiu school in Jinan, Master Ni YuanHai large martial art school in Zibo, Rizhao beach
- I will lose weight because of the daily workout and healthy organic food from the farm.
- I can get my work done because there is dedicated high speed internet.
Many feels that one month full time training is equivalent to a year of normal training. Every day I can train up to four sessions: before breakfast, after breakfast, before dinner and after dinner, so it totals to 120 sessions. This is more than going to class twice weekly in a year. For serious students there is no better way to train than going to Daqingshan.
There are creative ways to make this happen, one student used his saved-up holidays to go for three months, another sublet his place to save money, and another make the trip as part of ESL teaching work. If you have family worries, a daily Skype video session will keep you in touch.
Learning taijiquan will bring a lifetime benefit, and in my view the sooner I get to mastery the better long term benefit I will reap. In term of cost, going for several weeks is probably comparable to going for a four days workshop in North America or Europe, since the cost include room and board.
There are many flights to China these days that if you book early it will be at reasonable price. So start planning now, the 2012 dates are coming up! Please leave comments if you have questions. See you there.
Other returning students. please leave comment or start your own post! You can go through my past posts to see more photos and videos of Daqingshan