Master Chen Zhonghua used 8 chapters in this video lesson to teach how to bring the opponent’s power into your own rear foot and at the same time move his body away.
In making contact with the opponent, one must always take the opponent’s power to his/her own rear foot. This Chen Style Taijiquan Practical Method principle governs the energy pattern in push hands situations and when applying an application. Here are a few factors/rules to follow:
1. Take the oncoming power to your own rear foot.
2. Never meet with oncoming power with resistance.
3. Do not redirect the oncoming power on initial contact.
4. Redirection is quick but after taking the power to the rear foot.
5. Redirection cannot use power.
Author: Chen Zhonghua Length: 27 min. In: English Year: 2010 Difficulty:3/5 At:Edmonton