Visa for China

by fulltime on 2010/03/20

Do you know the visa situation in China?  I am going to stay in China for 3 months and possibly a year, but I’ve heard China stopped issuing 60 and 90 day visas.  Do you know how difficult it is to get a 6 month visa?  I am going to get mine in Hong Kong, hoping it might be easiest to get a visa there.

Visa procedures change from time to time. There are two ways to solve this problem:

  1. Each person is allowed one extension of the visa while in China. In the case of stay on Daqingshan, this extension can be done in Rizhao, an hour away.
  2. Once the extension expires, we know a place in Beijing that can issue new visas and can also change visa types.
  3. Visa extension requires that you have on deposit with Bank of China funds to cover your extended length of stay. The deposit should cover US$100.00 per day. You need a letter from the local police, the deposit and then go to the nearest police station with visa extension authority to extend you visa. Visa is extended from the day of your submission.

Important caution about visa application:

  1. You are applying for a tourist visa!
    Although you will be studying taiji, mandarin Chinese, or arts, Daqingshan International Taiji Training Center is not a formal government accredited university, therefore, studying there does not make you a student in the eyes of the government bureaucracy.
  2. Apply for as many days as you can.
    Every time you extend or change your visa, there is a cost. So if possible, get the allowed maximum length of stay. If you are staying for 30 days, try to get two months. If you get the exact length, an airline screw up will cost you a lot of money.

Leave a Comment
Leave a comment on the content only. For admin issues, please click the "contact" button on the top left.

Previous post:

Next post: